We are looking for students of technical faculties with specialization in electronics, radio-electronics or similar, who are passionate about microelectronics.
This year we offer the traineeship in our Analog and Product Verification departments.
Check out the details below and apply:)
9th Ukrainian-Polish Scientific and Practical Conference “Electronics and Information Technologies” (ElIT-2017) will be held on August 28-31 2017
We have a pleasure to invite you to take part in the Conference.
With letter we enclose the additional information and abstract preparation rules.
Organizing Committee would appreciate if you could share information about the Conference and it’s scientific topics among the colleagues who might be interested in presenting their research at ELIT-2017.
University in the US located at the NASA. It is located in the “Silicon Valley”. Every year, they spend Global impact Challenge, which allows one person from the country to go to study in the Valley. To enter, you must submit the idea and pass the competition.
FEL student group DS-41 Anton Baumann managed to do at the beginning of the semester.
Our student shares his impressions of this competition:
With Ukraine chose 10 finalists. And they began to take Mentorship program (This is the first time in Ukraine).
This mentoring program implies that the contestants are preparing for the final speech, which organizers get from the valley who are teachers and university (to come finalists Raymond McCauley and Thomas Krise), except that they are co-founders of the university. In the mentoring program studied with the best teachers of different technologies dedicated to the development of projects and ideas, such as those of science: Evolution of law and ethics Smart Cities Genetics IoT, Sensors, Networks Energy 3d-Printyg Gamification Exponential Technology. This program supports the largest organization of Google, Microsoft, Autodesk, …. After the mentoring program received a certificate of successful completion (it means a lot in terms of employment in global companies, access to technology and laboratories). They signatures of the founders of the Institute. According to the final result was one winner, who will go on further implementation of the project in the US (because I do not have 21, I could be a winner and my project is in the incubator of the next year).
On 02-04 December 2016 the thrid scientific conference of students Generation – Transmission – Use GPW will take place in Wrocław University of Technology Conference and Training Centre “Radość”. During the conference the research work of students, graduate students and members of the Association of Polish Electrical Engineers will be presented.
Scientific Conference is a project which primary goal is to create a platform for exchange and presentation of research results and achievements in the field of generation, transmission, distribution and use of electricity and electrical security.
The conference also addresses issues of regulation, control devices, electrical machines and measuring power parameters. We hope that event will contribute to establish new valuable contacts and effective promotion of the achievements of young scientists and engineers.
According to clauses 57, 67 of Ukrainian labor code in order to provide students, scientific and pedagogical staff of NTUU “KPI” with good holiday environment as well as for efficient planning of working days, maintaining of in-order in educational buildings, students HOSTELS, at NTUU “KPI” campus as well as in subdivisions, fire-prevention regime on NTUU “KPI” objects, accident-free operation of engineering and technical services during public holidays, the following days are announced to be non-working:
– January, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2016 – for the employees having five-day working week;
Congratulations our student Yuriy Marych, who took 3rd place at the IX Olympiad on the theory of electronic circuits “TEK’2016” !!! The department is proud of its student !!!
We invite you to participate in the XVI International scientific conference «Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems» (AIIS’2016), which will take place from 29 November to 2 December 2016 in Kyiv (Ukraine) at the Department of Computer Science and Cybernetics of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University.
The conference will be held International scientific youth school «SYSTEMS AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE».
To participate are invited scientists, graduate students and members of scientific institutions and industrial enterprises.
Inform you that the deadline for submission of abstracts for participation in the V International Scientific-Practical Conference “Physical and technological problems of transmission, processing and storage of information in infocommunication systems,” will take place on November 3–5, 2016 in Chernivtsi extended to 24 October 2016.
Please report any potential conference participants and all interested persons.
Conference website: http://predt.radiotech.cv.ua/
On September 28, 2016 at the Industrial Electronics Department the methodological seminar «Academic Teaching Excellence. English as the medium of instruction» as part of the British Council and NTUU «Igor Sikorsky KPI» project «English for universities» was held.
Main topics of the seminar:
– the features of teaching specialized subjects in English;
– skills of teachers of specialized subjects in English;
– challenges that arise while teaching special subjects in English;
– key factors for successful class;
– short tasks to improve interactivity.
Manager of the seminar – Head of Department, Prof., DSc Yulia Yamnenko.
Speaker – Senior Lecturer, PhD Kateryna Osypenko.
emi for subject teachers
- The deadline for applicants to submit their application is Wednesday 18 January 2017 (23:59 GMT), after which we will sift the applications for recommendation to the university. Whilst the supervisor statement is written after the deadline, no other changes can be made to the application by the applicant or their prospective supervisor.
- Mandatory requirements, essentially the official eligibility. The student must:
- be ‘overseas’ for fees purposes.
- have the offer of a place at the University (and hence a gentle reminder that you cannot accept a student subject to this funding), or be within the first year of their PhD studies in the School.
- have obtained or be expected to obtain at least an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education before 31 July 2017.
- meet the English requirements (e.g. IELTS of 6.5 overall with no component less than 6.0).
- complete the application form (see link above for full details), including two references, exam transcripts, a research proposal and details of any publications and prizes
- Students will need to score at least 9/10 in the scoring criteria.
- They need a first class honours degree in everything they submit (BEng/MEng). This is essential as the score, marked out of 5, for education is worth 50% of the total marks.
- They need a top class research proposal that is relevant and practicable within the School, well considered and well referenced. If they don’t have a good research proposal, the application is highly unlikely to make it passed the internal sifting.
- Previous publication(s) and awards/prizes really help. Having neither is likely problematic.
- They will need a very strong supporting statement, written, post-shortlisting, by the supervisor.